Thursday, March 4, 2010

Two Great Feats

This week marked the end of two things I've been working on for years.....literally. The first is that I paid off my last student loan. It took over nine years and was only eight months ahead of schedule, but still, . . . .it's done! As for Robert's loans. . . .that will take another 10 years. Which really means, we're already halfway done!

My second great accomplishment this week was finally finishing Matthew's baby scrapbook. I know--he'll be five in June. It took so long because the task seemed so daunting and boring and time-consuming. I have a baby book and a scrapbook detailing the first year of life for each child. I finished Adam's scrapbook when he was two, and I've kept on top of their baby books. And, I had done half of Matt's scrapbook by the time he was two years old. It was just the second half that seemed so hard to get done. I wasn't sure how to organize it--by months, by categories. And the photos to sort through. How do you sift through hundreds of photos and narrow them down to fill only 20 pages? I finally got my bum in gear because I didn't want the guilt hanging over me of not having finished Matt's book before our next baby is born. I recruited Matt to help me and boy, was he excited. He helped me select the pictures, cut paper, apply stickers, etc. We spent all day Tuesday doing it, and we got it done. What a relief! With the next baby, I'll still do a baby book and 1st year scrapbook, but I'm doing the scrapbook through Snapfish.

3 comments:

Susan said...

Congratulations, Heidi, on getting your school loans paid. A good feeling! And what a good helper Matt is!

Alexis said...

Or you can do that scapbook through blurb.com (they should pay me to advertise). They are pretty cheap and you can put lots (or just a few) words on the pages. A 20 - 40 page book can be a cheap as $13.

Congrats on that student loan. That is truly a wonderful feeling. We're still chipping away at Derek's.

Angela said...

Wow! I am impressed!!! I have not even finished Olivia's Baby Book yet and she is 4 years old. Pluse I haven't even started her scrapbook yet. You are amazing!!!