Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Baby/Van Update

Life has been a bit hectic this week, working on the claim for our van, having multiple dr/hospital visits, and carpooling around in our one, little car. We've been off and on the phone with our insurance and the other driver's insurance--getting the van appraised, establishing liability, etc. This morning, in the rain/snow, Robert put our old tires back on the van. Less than two months ago, we had purchased the top-of-the-line tires for the van, thinking these would be the last tires we would have to buy for it. Because, once the tires wore out, the van would close to 200,000 miles on it. We paid $600 for them and we knew the insurance company wouldn't pay us dollar-for-dollar. However, since the back axel is broken, we could only put the front ones on. The back ones are in the garage, while the back of van is propped up on ramps. Our driveway is starting to look a bit redneck.

Monday afternoon was spent at the hospital. First I went to the Lab to have blood tests done. Because I'm Rh negative, the dr. wanted to check if my blood or the baby's had crossed over. Then I headed up to Radiology for the longest sonogram of my life. It lasted an hour. The tech had to do the standard measuring, etc, but then she had to record for 10 minutes each, the heartbeat, bloodflow, movement, and something else I forget. She did verify that he is a he. Then I was off to the OB unit, to do a stress test for another hour. The tests all show that everything seems to be okay. I had an appt. this morning with my dr. She said I have a pretty high risk of delivering early. My body already is inclined to deliver early (previous experience), and the car crash just increases the chances evenmore. She's told me I have to really limit what I do or she'll put me on bedrest, in the hospital. And, even though I'm only 32 weeks, I have to have weekly appts. now. So, life continues....in all of it's craziness.

4 comments:

Kaysi said...

I'm so glad that the tests are all showing positive for the baby, I have been worried about you. I'm sorry about the craziness, sometimes don't you wish that you can have a calm life and get to relax? :)

Kim said...

Yikes! And then you get a call from your crazy sister-in-law asking if she can spend the night on her way to delivering a horse to Missouri... Please just let me know if that's going to be too much. We can always clean your house or cook for you while we're there!

Owen said...

Has Rob given you a blessing? You should have him do that. You are in our prayers.

Kenningtons said...

Happy to know all is well with you and the baby (and all the boys really!). I didn't know Matt came early...I knew Adam came early and that Matt came really fast but I didn't know he was early.