Thursday, April 8, 2010

Is It Time?

On Tuesday and Wednesday I had a boost of energy. I felt great and didn't have many contractions. So, I took advantage of it. I ran errands, cleaned a bit and sorted through our baby stuff. Thank goodness I did. I didn't realize how much I had given away and all the things I still need to get. I thought I had more stuff, but I don't think three swaddling blankets and five onesies will cut it. I went to bed last night but was awoken around 2am with bad contractions--bad enough to wake me up. I had them for eight hours, 'til 10 this morning, every 10 minutes. I then took a shower. I had to take Matt to the doctor for his kindergarten physical, so I figured if the contractions hadn't let up by then I would talk with the dr. and most likely head to the hospital. Thankfully they slowed down a lot by 10:30am. I only had three in two hours after that. Matt and I took it easy this afternoon--watched the movie, "UP". It's such a bummer to not be able to go about my regular schedule/activities. I'm having to forego my garden, yardwork, a clean house, good meals, etc. I keep telling myself it won't be too much longer--six weeks at most. My goal is to make it to May 1st.

3 comments:

Holly said...

Um...You are on partial bedrest, young lady. Do, I need to make another trip down to make sure you behave?

Kenningtons said...

Yikes!! That is scary. We'll be praying you make to May 1st.

Susan said...

Listen to your sister!