Sunday, August 22, 2010

Surviving School

Adam and Matt made it through their first, full week of school. The first three days were great. And I started to think that, Matt especially, was just going to adjust without any problems. Then came Thursday morning. Matt did not want to go to school. In fact, he was so upset about it, he was crying. That's a big deal for Matt since he's so stoic and macho. I know that if he's crying about something, then he's definitely upset. I think it's the length of the school day that's hard getting used to. He's gone from 8:15am to 3:45pm. That's a long day for a kindergartener. I felt bad making him go. Friday wasn't much better either. I think he does okay once he gets to school. At least that's what his teacher says. Matt gets to bring show-n-tell this coming Thursday. He wants me to bring Gavin, so he'll get to see me during the day. We'll see what his teacher says about that.

1 comment:

Kenningtons said...

Poor Matt!!! After my mom had the twins I wanted her to bring them to my show-&-tell also. The teacher was fine with it but my mom was not fine with me trying to pass them around the class like I did my other show and tell items. I hope you get to take Gavin!!