We took Adam and Matt on their first real hike. It was to Secret Lake in the Albion Basin near Alta. The lake is a bit of a secret because it is not visible until you crest the ridge. It was a 2 mile hike. We even took Gavin, carrying him in our arms. My brother called me a pioneer woman because I was carrying a baby up the mountain and then nursed him in the shade of a scrub bush. The boys had a lot of fun.
Wednesday, August 18, 2010
Utah Trip: Snowbird
We spent the first full week of August at Snowbird Resort, near Salt Lake City, Utah. We had a fun trip, and it was so nice to finally go on a vacation. The boys, even Gavin, did great in the car. We drove over 2100 miles on this trip. I was expecting it would take longer to travel and drive now that we have Gavin, but it really didn't. We stopped every 3-4 hours. I would nurse while we ate and then we would get gas and hit the road again. Normally once we've driven up the canyon to Snowbird we don't leave the entire week. This year we went down into Salt Lake three times. Once to visit with Robert's brother and his family; another time to visit with my mom and our Clason cousins, and a third time to tour Temple Square. We enjoyed the cool, mountain air. And just relaxed and played. 
We took Adam and Matt on their first real hike. It was to Secret Lake in the Albion Basin near Alta. The lake is a bit of a secret because it is not visible until you crest the ridge. It was a 2 mile hike. We even took Gavin, carrying him in our arms. My brother called me a pioneer woman because I was carrying a baby up the mountain and then nursed him in the shade of a scrub bush. The boys had a lot of fun.
We took Adam and Matt on their first real hike. It was to Secret Lake in the Albion Basin near Alta. The lake is a bit of a secret because it is not visible until you crest the ridge. It was a 2 mile hike. We even took Gavin, carrying him in our arms. My brother called me a pioneer woman because I was carrying a baby up the mountain and then nursed him in the shade of a scrub bush. The boys had a lot of fun.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Looks like you all had a lot of fun! I'm so glad I was able to see you.
Post a Comment