Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Where Are You, Calgon?

Gavin and I have had a trying few days. He's just not himself. Since Friday, he's dropped a feeding and a nap. He's only nursing five times a day. That doesn't seem like enough for a three-month old. And's he's only napping three times a day, for a total of 90 minutes. Up 'til this point, he's been a great napper. He never fussed about it. I would just put him down and he would happily sleep. But the past few days, he's been falling asleep on my shoulder but as soon as I put him down in his crib, he clings to me like a monkey and starts crying. The schedule we had is now totally blown. Most of the time now I'm not sure when to feed him and when he's tired. I'm hoping today we'll get back to normal. He fell asleep on our walk this morning. So, when we got home, I didn't dare wake him up. I just wheeled the stroller into my room while I showered. In fact, he's still sleeping now and it's been an hour. Not having some type of schedule is stressful for me. To help me survive, I just keep telling myself that it won't last forever. In fact, it will probably last just a week or so before we get it figured out. Until we get to that point, though. . . . .AAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH!!!!!!

3 comments:

Angela said...

Oh man..... I hate not having a schedule!!! Just try to get enough sleep and have the boys pitch in with some extra chores!!! Good luck!

Susan said...

I know the feeling! As you know, these days won't last. Before you know it Gavin will be toddling behind his older brothers, trying to do everything they do. Hang in there...

Alexis said...

Wow- 5 feedings at 3 months... the twins were at 7 feedings then. As for schedule, I totally understand your need for it. It was my way or the highway for Evan and Greta. Mostly they have been great sleepers, but there were points when Evan did NOT want to nap and I just left him to cry it out. I needed him to nap and I needed to nap.

I hope with the boys in school, you are able to steal a nap for yourself with Gavin!

I like the image of him napping in his stroller in your room while you shower! Good for you!