Sunday, May 25, 2008

"I don't need no stinkin' diapers...."

That's exactly what Matt told me today. For the past two nights, he has worn underwear to bed, and stayed dry. He has been potty-trained for about six months now. For the past 3-4 months he's been wanting to sleep in underwear. We've let him a few times, but he hasn't been successful until this weekend. Sometimes he'd get so mad that we made him wear a pull-up to bed. So, today, I asked him if he needs any more diapers, and he said, with a sneer, "I don't need no stinkin' diapers". I love his independent spirit.

3 comments:

Sharee said...

He is independant isn't he? I can just hear him saying that in his little voice. Cute! I wish Colton would get on the bandwagon!

Alexis said...

Independent spirit... or ... parody of a UHF quote? Sounds like he's got a good streak of Leonard humor running through him!

Jennifer said...

How funny!!! I wish Lucy would say that. Actually she did last week but she didn't want underwear or to sit on the potty either!! One of these days!!!