So, I've run out of ideas on what to feed my boys (excluding Robert). They only want to eat hotdogs, mac-n-cheese, pizza (pepperoni for Adam, sausage for Matt), pb & honey, and that's it. Not even nuggets entice them much anymore. I'm a bit fed-up and unmotivated to cook anything nice. I figure why go to all the effort when they won't eat it and will just complain. So, this is my call for help and any ideas.
7 comments:
I know how you feel, though! Have you seen Jessica Seinfeld's new cookbook where she disguises healthy stuff into kid favorites. It's kind of interesting and they have it at the library. My other advice would be to just keep trying new stuff and not let them have alternatives from what is being served. (I think you already do that, though!!) Good luck!!!
Oatmeal, everyday, all day.
I thought this was an interesting problem - I googled "picky eater kid" and found a bunch of websites with different ideas. Of course they all contradict each other, but maybe there are some ideas you haven't tried yet?
I would just cook what you want and if they want to eat it they can and if they want to go hungry they can. After a few days, I think they will come around. Do I sound like dad or what?
Heidi, I really have no ideas but I did see a cookbook once that has great recipes for delicious and nutritious food that kiddies like. The bonus is that the kids can help make the meals so they take ownership of the food and are more willing to try it (or so the cookbook claims). I'll try to find the name of it and shoot you an e-mail.
We went to a class on parenting in our ward. The guy said if you have a picky eater, you could cook what ever you want and if they don't eat it, offer the same boring food (that you know they'll eat) every time. So you can have what we're having, or a bologna sandwich. And they'll get tired of the bologna sandwich and eat what your having. Or atleast be willing to try it.
Hey girl, glad to know that someone else has this problem too. We have tried something that has been kind of fun where we let each kid get to choose a meal. It has to be healthy, including a veggie and something new. This does take a little longer at the grocery store but they think that they are sooooo big getting to help with the meal plans. Then we always have the rule that you have to try your whole plate of new things and then say if you do or don't like it. It is a lot of work for the mom but I do hear a lot less complaining on that night:0)
Post a Comment