Sunday, October 5, 2008

In Love with KC

Every fall I get the urge to go to Kansas City. I love KC in the autumn. I think it's because I first moved there at the end of summer and met Robert during the fall. I never did like the fall until I lived there. Before, to me, the fall just brought me closer to winter, and I hate the cold. So, it's a big deal for me to like it. The changing leaves, the apple fests, school starting back up at KU-- it just feels like home. I love it. We've lived here in Garden City for about three years now, and I'm getting the itch to move again. Blame it on my Army childhood. And now that a new temple as been announced for Kansas City, I really want to move back. It might be a couple of years before that happens but perhaps that will be our next move--we can hope.

3 comments:

Chanda Starr said...

We were excited to hear the news about the KC temple. What a blessing it will be to have one a little bit closer to us here.

Jess said...

I think you should totally move to KC!

After the temple was announced I found myself wishing/hoping that rick would get a job in KC too. Although that is crazy becuase A)we JUST got here, B) He loves his job and there isn't anything comparable there, and C) housing costs twice there what it does here. *sigh* I do know exactly what you mean. I find myself thinknig of the big colorful trees along Rural and 12th street areas in Emporia and I wish I was back to see it.

Kenningtons said...

Heidi,
I was just thinking about you the other day (and your house) and wondering how it must feel to you to be more "permanent" now that you have a house. Sounds like you like moving!! I was also thinking the other day that I can't wait to stop moving. HA!HA!