Wednesday, October 22, 2008
Stroke of Genius
So, I had a stroke of genius recently. Literally, one of those moments when you're like, "holey-moley, that is the best idea ever". My boys are picky eaters. Part of it is my fault, I understand that, and part of it is theirs. Another day, another dinner, and another "Ewww, gross!" And then the lightbulb went on--during the blessing on the food (prayers are answered). I said, "You know how you love to go to McDonalds or Burger King. Well, we'll go every Saturday night, your choice, as long you eat your dinner every night. Those who eat it get to go and those who don't will have PBJ." Why didn't I think of this earlier? The benefits are endless--1. Save $--it will be a long time before we go to McD's (I'm guessing a month); 2. Eventually they'll try new foods; 3. I get a break from cooking every Sat. night (it's nice to look forward to that). So far this week, both Adam and Matt are 0-2. We'll see how they feel come Saturday night while Robert and I are eating 'restaurant' food and they're eating PBJ. Perhaps they'll do better next week.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Let me know if how it all turns out. I'm always looking for new ways to convince Kanyon to eat more!
Be sure to enjoy your foods with lots of animation and noise. Have you ever seen "What about Bob"? Wish I could join you.
That IS a stroke of genius! I have a hard time getting Colton to eat too. So frustrating huh? Hope it works!
Post a Comment