Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Seeking The One

Isn't this painting great? The artist is Liz Lemon Swindle. I just love it because it portrays Christ as young and youthful. There is a real human aspect to it. And He seems so approachable. I first saw it three years ago and have wanted ever since. Well, my wish finally came true. While in Denver over the weekend we went to a store that had it. . . . and it happened to be on sale, 1/3 off. I couldn't believe it because the painting costs hundreds of dollars. So, after discussing it, Robert said "sure, let's get it". And then, "Happy Birthday, Merry Christmas, and Happy Anniversary for the next couple of years." :)

2 comments:

Andrea said...

Wow, that is a great painting! And happy birthday, merry christmas, and happy anniversary! ;)

Kim said...

I had a gift like that from Owen, his claim was "happy birthday, merry christmas, happy birthday, merry christmas... until the horse dies." Fortunately your painting won't need food, farrier, or veterinary care!