Monday, March 10, 2008

Did we buy the money pit?


It's been three months since we moved into our new house. Our projects, wanted and unwanted, seem to be neverending. Since we've been here, we've painted 13 rooms, put down wood laminate floors, changed light fixtures, tore out and put in new carpet in seven rooms, changed bath fixtures, tore out cupboards, painted other cupboards, put down vinyl floor. I think that's all. However, last night I was thinking about the projects were currently working on, and I don't think the list will ever be short. We're still working on the trim for the floor in the kitchen and laundry room(we could use your help again, Owen), putting more laminate in the entryway, painting the hall, laundry room and garage, changing the lights in the bathrooms, putting in a garden, landscaping the front yard, redoing the cabinets and hardware in the kitchen, etc........ We sure had a romantic notion back in October that this was going to be so much fun. Oh, well--I guess this is what we get for choosing to do it all by ourselves. The biggest thought in the back on my mind is--we better make money on this house when we sell. The picture is of our latest project. These are great cupboards. As you can see they cover an entire wall, in the basement, and are 3-4 feet deep. However, they used to be yellow, orange and brown with 60's style handles. Those who saw them in their original state know how ugly they were. So, we sanded them, primed, painted and put new pulls and handles. We also changed the flooring. Well, I'm off..............to Home Depot.

3 comments:

Andrea said...

Wow! It looks so nice! I really like it. You've painted 13 rooms? How many rooms are in your house? Well, I'm sure everything you've done looks fantastic! Good luck!

Annie said...

Heidi! I am happy to be able to keep up on your beautiful family! The house remodel is crazy - we close on our house this week - I guess my trips to Home Depot are just beginning!

Anonymous said...

Robert & Heidi, Your family room looks great! What a change since Xmas! Looks like there is room for the treadmill also. Come and get it!