This past weekend we had Stake Conference. The Stake YW mtg.'s theme was "Bloom Where You Are Planted". They presented some really good messages. So, I'm passing them on.
"...wherever you live, whatever circumstances you live in, whatever your background or challenges might be, the gospel light has the power and purpose to bring blessings into your life and into the lives of those placed in your path. The gospel of Jesus Christ has been restored to bring blessings to our Heavenly Father's children. You are planted in your country, your community, and your family to facilitate these blessings. I urge you to bloom where you are planted."--Elder Dieter F. Uchtdorf
"The foolish man seeks happiness in the distance, the wise grows it under his feet."--James Oppenheim
The Myth of the Greener Grass:
God has called you to bloom.
He has called you for a particular reason to the set of circumstances you experience.
Have you been called to motherhood? Bloom!
Have you been called to fatherhood? Bloom!
Have you been placed in a less than desirable job? Bloom!
Have you been struggling with less than desirable health complications? Bloom!
Let your faith Bloom!
When you feel stuck, maybe you really aren't stuck at all.
You've been planted!
Heavenly Father has a special purpose for planting you where you are. Think of three personal reasons why you are there. Think of three spiritual reasons why you are there.
There--that's my sermon. Thought there was a lot of good stuff to think about.
3 comments:
That is good. Gives me stuff to think about. :)
Hmmm...I really like those ideas! I might have to steal them for our next training!
So glad that you caved and started a blog. I love to see pictures of the kids and of your "money pit". I think I will be next to cave. Angelina
Post a Comment