Thursday, March 27, 2008

Weekly Happenings

So, this is what's been happening this week.

We planted our lettuce. After getting all the top soil down on Saturday, Adam and I planted the lettuce on Monday.

On Tuesday, Adam had another appt. with the psychiatrist (for his OCD). We have to drive down to Liberal, 70 miles away, since she's the only child psychiatrist in southwest Kansas. We go every other Tuesday. He's now tackling the challenge of touching his underwear and not washing his hands. That might sound kind of weird. However, to him, his underwear is contaminated. And he HAS to wash his hands if he touches them. To be honest, I am surprised by how much progress he's made in the last two months. In December and January he thought EVERYTHING was contaminated. Anything that left our house was all of a sudden dirty and he couldn't touch it. He was washing his hands 50+ times a day and he didn't feel safe doing anything because he didn't want to get "dirty". At his appt. I realized he doesn't think that anymore. His underwear is the only contaminated thing now.

Matthew has started saying "what the?". When he sees something strange or confusing he says "what the?".

In Young Womens, I'm trying to get the girls excited about the general broadcast this Saturday. However, I'm not having much luck. We're also getting our camp fundraiser organized. I tell ya--I could do stuff for YW everyday--it never ends.

2 comments:

Andrea said...

That's great that Adam is making progress!! Matt's funny - what the? Is the RS General Broadcast coming up too? I never remember.

Sharee said...

Heidi, I'm so glad that Adam is overcoming his challenges. Colton is a little that way too...part of it is my fault because I'm always telling him not to touch stuff because it's dirty. I'm a little OCD when it comes to clean hands and germs too.
"What the..." That cracks me up...Cute little boy!
I hand it to you being YW's president...it's a lot more involved than the primary. You do a great job!