We had a fun-filled weekend. We dyed eggs, like every year. The boys always have so much fun and always want to do more than the dozen allotted. However, they don't like eggs. So, Robert and I limit it to 12 eggs because we don't feel like eating five eggs a day. We took the boys to a couple of egg hunts and then had one at our house, too. Matt was old enough to do the hunts this year, so he was "egg-cited". We had some friends over for Easter dinner. The kids ate little and played tons. We had a really nice time.
After walking 9 miles Saturday morning (I'm training for a half-marathon next month) Robert and I bought and put down 2000 lbs. of top soil for our garden. Robert was teasing me saying "the Leonard" was coming out of me, since I went from one big thing to the next without having a break. We're using the old dog-run for our garden. The previous owners had a dog that dug a big hole. Over 3/4 of the dirt went to fill the hole. Our yard seems to have been neglected for a long time. This morning I was clearing weeds out of an old flower bed. I found a rotten tree stump. I dug it all out. Now we have a three-foot deep hole in our front yard. So, I need to find out if it's okay to plant a tree in that hole, since it's already dug. So, that was our weekend.
1 comment:
Look at your boys grow! I'm so glad to see your blog and the stories of your family's days. Happy Easter!
Post a Comment