We're still here. I've been meaning to post something, especially the photos from Matthew's birthday party, however, our camera is again not downloading to our computer. So, I'll continue to work on it and we'll see when they'll get posted. So, this is what we've been up to---
1. Matt had his bday party on Saturday. It was a "Diego/Water Party". We had a Diego pinata for the kids--4 boys and 4 girls. Then we just let them play with water balloons, the slip-n-slide, and the pool. Robert's folks decided to drive down for the party so the boys were excited. We've seen them four of the last six weekends. And, Robert has to go to Topeka tomorrow and Friday for work meetings so he'll spend the weekend with them, again.
2. Adam had another checkup with his "OCD" doctor. We drove 140 miles for a 10 minute visit. He's gotten over all of his rituals, however, "Mr. Worry" still tells him to do stuff. Today Adam told me Mr. Worry is wanting him to turn light switches on and off. He told me he just tells himself to stop doing it. Adam works hard to resist the urges.
3. We've had lots of dr. visits this week. This morning I took both boys in for appts. Adam had to have a physical for kindergarten and Matt needed his "3 year" checkup. Adam is deathly afraid of needles. He gets really worked up about getting poked, etc. Today he had to have his finger poked to check his hemoglobin. So, the last few days have been a constant barrage of questions--how big will the needle be?, how far into my skin will it go?, how long will it last?, how long will it hurt?, will I be sitting or standing?, etc. And these questions are asked 20 times a day. Monday night he kept saying he wanted his dad to give him a blessing to calm him down. However, Robert wasn't available, so I told him that moms can pray and it's just as effective. He didn't buy that. He said, "No, Mom, your prayers don't work as well. You tell Daddy when he gets home to give me a blessing". At least he has faith in the priesthood.
4. Matthew is learning how to identify his feelings. This past weekend he got upset a couple of different times. Both times he ran to his room, crying. One time he said, "I'm so sad." The other time he said, "I'm going to cry on my bed."
5. We finally got a trampoline! Robert and the boys bought it while they were up in Leavenworth and I was at Girls' Camp. We put it together last night. Robert and I could not do it fast enough. My goodness---every five seconds they asked us, "Is it ready yet?". It was about 9 o'clock when we finished so we let them stay up and jump for awhile until it got dark. Then come 7 o'clock this morning they were asking again if they could jump on the trampoline. Matt went to jump on it after lunch but it was too hot on his feet, so now he's playing in the pool.
6. I went to Relief Society on Sunday for the first time in years. Everyone had been telling me that I would get to go, now that I'm not in YW anymore. So, I had been thinking about it all last week. However, it didn't hit me until Sunday night, after church, that I would be going to RS every Sunday, and not just that one time.
1 comment:
We're so grateful to be kept up-to- date on your life and activities by the blog! Thank goodness for blogs.
Post a Comment