Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Adam and the ER



So, besides pulling an April Fool's joke yesterday (which, by the way, worked), we took Adam to the ER . . . . again. This is his third visit in five months. He feel out of the tree and gashed his forehead on the trunk. He gashed it open a month again on his headboard. However, yesterday it was really bad, and he had to get stitches, six of them. Since I'm the calm one when it comes to medical stuff, I didn't tell Adam or Robert how much of Adam's skull I could see. Nor did I show the gash to either of them. Nonetheless, this morning when Adam looked at the stitches he was stunned and just kept looking at them. His forehead is swollen for now. We woke him during the night a few times just to make sure there was no concussion. Since the day Adam was born he's had to deal with medical stuff. I often wonder what Heavenly Father has in store for Adam to have him experience all of these things. Every night I tell Adam, when he goes to bed, that he can do hard things. Often he tells me, "Mom, stop saying that. You say that every night." However, yesterday in the ER, I reminded him again that he could do this and get through it. I think it sunk it a bit and he relied on that for some strength.

8 comments:

Andrea said...

Oh my goodness! I hope he continues to feel better! What a brave mama & son!

Janelle said...

wow, You were all the buzz at mom's group...with your little joke, ya wienie;) and now I see THIS, gosh you guys have been busy. What a great thing to remind your child how strong he is, he'll need to know that throughout his life. hmmm. Amelia says, Adam Sorry for your bonker!!

Jennifer said...

OUCH!! Poor guy! That looks like it really hurt!!! Wonder if you guys are going to get a frequent visitor discount at the ER??? You are a very brave mom, I think I might have passed out looking at it!

Sharee said...

Yowsa! It's good that you are brave...I would have probably passed out and FREAKED out! Adam is a tough kid!

Deja said...

I am so glad I saw your blog today and not a couple of days ago because who could be mad after what happened with sweet Adam!! You really are an amazing mom..thanks for the example of how I should be with my own children! I am glad everything is okay and he is on the road to recovery!

Owen said...

Adam, welcome to the head banger's club. Don't worry, it hasn't affected affected affected affected affected me at all.

Jennifer said...

CY says "I hope you feel better Adam."

Anonymous said...

We are so glad we read about what happened to Adam three days later. Otherwise grandma chichi would have been there immediately! We felt sorry for him. But we are happy that he is so strong! It reminds us of when Robert, Eddie, & Mike were little and they had to visit the ER many times, sometimes more than once a week. It seemed like the personnel at the ER knew us by first name! Welcome, Robert & Heidi to the club of being parents of boys.