This weekend felt like a trip back to the Holy Land. It reminded of many memories I have of when I visited Israel. Bro. Victor L. Ludlow, BYU professor, came to Garden City. Yes, you read that right. He performed a Seder Service (Jewish passover meal) with all the youth and youth leaders in the stake. He said he does a lot of these in Utah and then once every Spring he does it out-of-state. The last couple of years he's been to Phoenix (population 5 million+), Houston (population 5 million+), and now Garden City (population 28,000). Aren't we special! It was really neat and a lot of fun. However, for those who have done this, those bitter herbs were the worst thing I've ever eaten. I nearly gagged on them. It was so interesting to learn and experience these traditions of the Jewish faith that have lasted centuries. Sunday evening he spoke about an LDS perspective on the Middle East.
This coming Saturday I have the half-marathon in the morning and the YW fundraiser--spaghetti dinner and auction--in the evening. Plus, I have to give a talk on Sunday. Anybody have any good insight on the ten virgins? So, what am I doing to prepare for all this stuff?--Blogging, redecorating Matt's room, gardening, making jam--you know, everything that's NOT going to help me this weekend. By the way, this past Friday, I taught some friends how to make freezer jam. This is something that everyone should learn how to do because it is SO EASY and tastes SO DELICIOUS. If you have not made freezer jam before, you will be amazed at how easy it is. Just buy a box of pectin, and the recipe and instructions are right inside. You'll be so happy you did it.
The seniors on KU's basketball team came to Garden City. Every time they do well in the tournament they go on a barnstorming tour of the state and play the all-conference high school basketball players. So, we went to the game. It was a lot of fun. Adam and Matthew were a bit overwhelmed because of the noise. We went early and stood in line for two hours to get autographs, but we didn't get them. That was a bummer. They had to start the game before we got to the table. There's always next year.
2 comments:
I could not agree with you more about freezer jam! Once you have it there's no going back! Hubby's fam. makes it, so that's how I got hooked. It is easy!
Good luck this weekend! How cool that the professor came to Garden City! Too bad you didn't get the autographs!
Garden City sounds like a large metropolis now that the professor came after Phx and Houston and the National Champions came...
Post a Comment