Friday, April 11, 2008

Recipe of the Week

So, I found a new salad recipe I want to try. Every second Sunday our ward has a Linger-Longer after church. I'm going to make this salad for it. It sounds yummy. As for you Weight Watcher point-counters, it only has 3 points (140 cal, 3g fiber, 5g fat).

Napa Cabbage Slaw

4 c. chopped napa or chinese cabbage
1 can (11oz.) mandarin oranges, drained
1 can (8oz.) sliced water chestnuts, drained
1 c. fresh snow peas, trimmed and cut into thirds
1/2 c. chopped sweet red pepper
1 green onion, chopped
1/4 c. light sesame ginger salad dressing
1/2 c. chow mein noodles

Combine first six ingredients in a large bowl. Drizzle with dressing and toss. Just before serving, top with chow mein noodles. Serves 8.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

so as good as your napa cabbage slaw sounds - i'm still waiting on the double choclate cake with choclate chip recipe! C'mon Heidi!!!!! ~ love, lea