A few days ago things were going slowly. And then Monday afternoon hit. The boys and I were at home when UPS dropped a package off. It was the plants I had ordered for our landscaping. I wasn't expecting them this early. We hadn't cleared out the flowerbeds nor put the edging in. So, from 4-8pm we put the edging and weed fabric in. Then, Tuesday morning I had two hours to plant everything (36 plants) and put mulch down. The kicker is I couldn't find my gardening trowel and I had to use the boys' sand shovels. I had to hussle because I had to take Adam down to Liberal for his doctor's appt. We got back from that at 5pm. I watered the plants, cooked dinner, and went visiting teaching. Today felt much more relaxed. We had playgroup here. Then I took the boys to McDonalds for lunch and we bought groceries afterwards.
As for Adam's appt. for his OCD--he's been working really hard. He has gotten over all of his rituals except washing his hands after touching his underwear. He's been working on this one for a month now. It was really starting to stress him out because it's such a strong compulsion. So, the dr. told him to try a new trick. He gets to wash his hands in slow motion. He thought that was pretty funny, so hopefully it will help him get rid of this last behavior.
No comments:
Post a Comment