Sunday, July 6, 2008

Is that a snake bite?

Last night Matt woke up at 1:30am screaming and kicking his legs. His right foot and ankle were swollen. We turned the light on and found two puncture wounds on his ankle. He said it itched and hurt whenever it was touched. It looked just like a snake had bit him. So, we went in search of a snake, not thinking and not hoping we would find one. He fell back asleep so we kept checking on him every 30 minutes or so. Around 5 am he woke up and was screaming and kicking about again. So, Robert took him into the ER. The doc said that even though it looked like a snake bite, it most likely was a spider bite. So, now he's drugged up on antibiotics and benadryl, and Adam and I are at home playing games. I have to admit Adam was pretty excited to "ditch" church since he didn't want to go with Robert and sit through all of his meetings. I don't blame him. Six hours of meetings sounds boring to me, too.

4 comments:

Heather Montgomery said...

Man that sticks! Hope Matt gets better soon

Holly said...

Excited to ditch church...sounds like Adam has little of Grandpa-Great Leonard. Tell Matt I will mail him some "medicine" tomorrow.

Andrea said...

Whoa!! What kinda spider did that! Ew! I'd be freaked out! But I hate spiders!

Kenningtons said...

Poor Matt! I hope he is feeling better. Did the doc say what type of spider would leave a mark like that? Scary!!!!