Thursday, July 31, 2008

Isn't Thursday Supposed To Be Boring?

So, I got up this morning thinking 'it's Thursday'---you know, boring ol' Thursday. We drove down to Liberal for Adam's appt. with his OCD doctor. He wouldn't say a word to her--completely mute for 30 minutes. He calls his OCD "Mr. Worry". Mr. Worry has been bugging him again, telling him his hands stink and telling him he has to sniff them. Outwardly, I was calm during the appt, but in my head I was thinking of the $100 it was costing me for Adam to stare blankly at the doctor.
After the appt, we went to the park. There were two other kids there. Normally I encourage Adam and Matt to be friendly and play with kids. However, these two were brats. They kept yelling at A&M to not play here or don't play on that. Their mom simply sat there and didn't care if her children were acting rude. Normally, too, I'll help other kids at the playground that need help climbing up something or need a push on a swing, but I simply ignored these two. And then, when their mom finally got them to leave the park, the little girl said, "stupid mom". Adam whispered in my ear, "I'm glad that's not our sister". I said, "Me, too. Our sister would never act that way."
Once the boys were tired and thirsty, we went to Burger King for lunch. We got our food, opened the chocolate milk, and Matt pee-ed on the floor. I don't know what it is with Matt and Burger King. The last time we went there he was running around so much in the play area that he threw up. So, I cleaned up the floor, grabbed our food, went to the car, stripped Matt down, put him in his carseat naked, and drove home--70 miles. What an adventure--all within two hours. So, hopefully, the rest of our Thursday will be boring. We'll see.

5 comments:

Jess said...

Oh my goodness! What a DAY! And what is it with Matt sharing his bodily functions, huh? :)

I didn't know Adam had OCD. When Ashley was that age and a little younger she struggled with generalized anxiety disorder and some sensory issues. It was a hard road. Actually I think you were here then, you may remember. Anyway, I know they aren't the same but I can relate to what you probably feel and go through with him. Things are better, the older she got the more able she was to cope with things, and it still comes up from time to time but not nearly as often. I hope Mr Worry will pack up and leave town.

Annie said...

I am sorry to laugh....but the 70 miles home in the car - naked - did me in. What a morning!

Unknown said...

I didn't laugh....I had a lovely Thursday, too. Someday I'll blog about it.

I'm sorry to hear that Mr. Worry is giving Adam a bad time again. I hope it gets better for all of you.

Hardy Party said...

I hate those days that will seem to be fine and normal and they turn out frustrating and chaotic!! Maybe next thursday will be more boring- and the next Dr. appt. go to McDonalds!! Best of luck!

Susan said...

Your day brings back memories, Heidi (though not necessarily of you -- just the kind of day you had). You are a very good mother. Adam and Matt are so blessed to have you and Robert for parents, and seeing the other family at the park has helped them realize it. Hang in there!