Sunday, July 13, 2008
Purging Ourselves
We had a garage sale Friday evening. I like to have one every summer. During our garage sale in 2005 I went into labor with Matt. Everytime I stood up I had a contraction. So, I kept telling myself to just sit so I could stay a little bit longer and make some more money. We had planned on doing our sale both Friday evening and Saturday morning. However, we sold everything on Friday. We made $200 in 2 hours. Not too shabby. I hate holding onto things that I don't use. I think this comes from my army childhood. We always had to go through all of our things every move and get rid of stuff. So, I have little emotional attachment to most material things.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
I remember your 2005 going into labor garage sale!
Purging always feels so good. We purged before we moved here, and have already brought several things in to donate since unpacking...where does all the "stuff" come from?
take care!
Glad to hear you made some moola. Grandma Ruth says hello and is excited about seeing you and her little birthmate at Snowbird.
I'm the same way, it feels so great to get rid of stuff. I finally got Ryan to get rid of stuff too. So, what'll ya do with the money? Any plans?
We have boxes of stuff that never is used, old junk mail, random artifacts from who knows where... Your brother is the ultimate pack rat - I don't think the army upbringing had the same effect on him!
You go girl!!! That is awesome. I have been wanting to have one myself but the 112 degree heat has put a little damper on my plans. Fall will come soon and then I am planning on cleaning out the attic and getting rid of a whole bunch of stuff!!!!
Post a Comment