So, I was looking through past posts and realized it has been over two months since I posted a recipe. I had such good intentions when I started this blog earlier this year to post a recipe each week. As you can see, that didn't happen. However, I had a good reason. I went on strike. Sort of. Since school ended I really haven't felt like cooking. And, so I don't. Well, that's not true. I cook every night but it's not anything too fancy. We grill hamburgers, make pizza, etc. I've only sauteed garlic once this summer. And making bread has gone out the window. And, I don't feel guilty. Anyhow, I've been thinking about the 4th of July and foods to prepare. For any and every Leonard celebration or party, we make this SEVEN LAYER DIP (Leonard is my maiden name). We got the recipe 20 years ago when we lived in good ole Sierra Vista, Arizona. So, I'll be making it, and I'm sure my folks and siblings will be making it, too, for the 4th.
SEVEN LAYER DIP
1 can refried beans
1 bunch green onions, chopped
1 medium tomato, diced
2 avocados, mashed
16 oz. (2 cups) salsa
1 pt. sour cream
1 small can chopped olives
Layer in order. Garnish with shredded cheese. Make a few hours ahead of time so the flavors can blend. Eat with chips.
So, there--enjoy the recipe. Now I can be free of the guilt I was feeling for procrastinating this recipe post.
3 comments:
Ha! I was just thinking of this recipe. I'm glad you posted it because I have no idea where I layed all those recipes I got from enrichment the other night...ha ha!
love the new look of the blog its awesome!!!!
Thank you! I needed this recipe to continue the Leonard tradition here in Washington! Now I can be a bit more Leonard myself!
Post a Comment