Thursday, July 24, 2008

What We're Doing'. . . . .

We've been trying to beat the heat this week. . . .and last week. . . .and the week before that. It's been hot--100 degrees pretty much all month. I know, for you Arizonans, that sounds nice and cool, but the boys are getting tired of it. So, we've resorted to turning on the big sprinkler and having it spray the trampoline while Adam and Matthew are jumping. They love it! Plus, the grass gets watered. It's hard to believe that summer break is starting to wide down. School starts in three weeks. When I told Adam that, he said, "What? School's not supposed to be during the summer." Adam is totally into Ben 10 stuff right now. He loves it--the cartoons, the toys, clothes, backpack, etc. Everything is Ben 10. Matt is loving the chipmunks, as in Alvin, Theodore and Simon. They crack him up with their highpitched voices. I've started teaching piano lessons again. I only have one student right now. I'm hoping to get about five or six. I haven't taught in 16 years, however, it's like riding a bike. I've been playing so long and have taught before that it feels real natural to teach someone else. Robert has been so busy with work and church. He hasn't been able to get hardly any time off this summer or has had to cancel vacation time because "stupid criminals" keep getting into trouble. Don't they know we want to go on a trip? Anyhow, he managed to get tomorrow off so we're heading to Wichita--perhaps overnight if we can find a good deal on a hotel.

4 comments:

Jess said...

pesky criminals!! I hope your trip to wichita is fun!

It is hard to believe summer is winding down. I know my kids are excited to start school, but it seems like the summer just started. :(

I wish I lived near you! I really want piano lessons again. I hope you find some students!

Angela said...

Ok what is Ben 10?????? I know just how you feel. Every time we try to go some where 911 dispatch calls Brandon and he has to fix some police officers computer or some network. Life as a public servant some times has its draw backs.

Holly said...

when did you get a trampoline?

Unknown said...

I'm sorry....criminals used to get in the way of dinner, church, vacations, and sleep. I'm kind of glad that's not the way it is now.

So, yeah...and I'm delurking now, too.